What is a personal chef?
A personal chef is a professional who is hired by an individual to prepare meals for one-off occasions or to provide regular catering for individuals/families.
A personal chef works with clients to plan the menus, prepare and cook the food – the food preparation and cooking can be done off site and delivered or done at the client’s home.
What is the benefit of a personal chef?
- You save time – you can get on with other things while the chef does the work
- You can provide an original menu – hiring a personal chef is an original way to celebrate a special occasion and impress friends and family with different menus
- You enjoy a stress free experience – you can host a fantastic event without taking on all the planning, preparation and cooking yourself
- You gain expertise – if you are not an experienced cook or don’t enjoy cooking, you can still host a great dinner or lunch party by handing over the work to a professional
How much does a personal chef cost?
This depends on the menu – what dishes are selected and how much preparation they need as well as the number of courses selected. Our menus range in price from £25 to £45 per head, plus the chef’s fee.
For what does Amirage cater?
- Dinner parties
- Lunch parties
- Small corporate events
Does Amirage cater for wedding receptions?
Sorry no. Wedding catering is another specialist service and usually requires catering for large numbers of guests. Amirage caters for smaller numbers of diners.
Does Amiarge cater for office parties/functions?
We can cater for small corporate functions.
What numbers do you cater for?
Typically, we cater for between 2 to 30 diners (though the numbers can be higher for buffets and barbecues).
How do I choose my menu?
You will receive a free consultation during which you select your menu from our portfolio of recipes. Please visit Sample Menus
Are the main courses very spicy?
Not all dishes are spicy. Any spicy dishes can be adapted to suit your taste.
Does Amirage’s personal chef stay throughout the dinner/lunch party?
We can prepare the meal and leave before your guests arrive, or stay to help with plating/presentation. We will quote for whichever option you require.
How will I know how to present the meal?
Your personal chef will talk you through how to present each dish.
What drinks do you provide?
We provide a wide choice of freshly prepared Caribbean fruit punches and juices, both non-alcoholic and alcoholic.
What kitchen equipment will you need?
Usually, we bring most of our own small kitchen utensils/equipment and consumables. We will need access to the following facilities in your kitchen:
- Cooker / oven
- Fridge and freezer space
- Serving dishes/plates/platters
Other Hired Services
Do you provide waiting staff?
We can hire professional waiting staff for your event – a quote will be provided for this service.
Do you provide cutlery, crockery, furniture etc?
We can provide cutlery, crockery and table linen – a quote will be provided for this service.
We do not supply furniture.
How far in advance do I need to book?
To avoid disappointment, please book at least one month prior to your event.
What is the payment procedure?
- Fifty per cent deposit secures your booking
- Remaining 50% must be paid one week prior to the event date
- Payment can be made by cheque (while still accepted by banks), cash or via online banking
What if I need to cancel my booking?
To avoid losing the 50% deposit, you must give us notice of cancellation 14 days prior to the date of the event. A shorter notice of cancellation will result in the loss of the deposit as food orders will have been placed.
How do I book Amirage?
Contact Althea Taylor-Salmon on 07711 624 267